Monday, December 12, 2016

WEEK 17 - December 12, 2016 (Bangui, Philippines)



Was another good week! First of all, happy birthday davo!! big 21, that’s big. Also happy bday Dallan T. I think it’s soon, right? big 18, get those mission papers going haha. Welcome home Dallin Havens!! (Cousin who just returned from his two years in Uganda.) Oh and how exciting for Uncle Ken and Aunt Robin!! So excited to hear about that experience. (Recently called to serve as mission president – location not determined yet.) 

Was pretty stormy all week and didn’t really get hot at all. It doesn’t really flood, just gets really muddy. So I got some rubber shoes, but they look like church shoes. Probably won’t wear them very much because they aren’t very comfortable... but they are good for rainy days.

Honestly, I don’t have too much to tell you about the week. Nothing too exciting. So I’ll update you on a few of our progressing investigators. 

One of them is a 12 year old girl named CJ. She’s on date to be baptized on the 24th, but it might end of happening this Saturday. She is so ready and excited. She’s a great learner. Listens closely to everything we teach her, she’s great. Very excited for her. 

So we have a family that is progressing well. The mother is named Deserie. She has 4 kids, 2 of them who are 8+. Her husband isn’t quite interested, unfortunately. They live in a little hut on a hill. When I say they live in a hut, I’m not kidding haha. It’s literally a little hut made out of bamboo. I don’t understand how it makes it through some of these storms. But they have been coming to church for the past 2 weeks now. I believe they will be baptized sometime next month. Very, very excited for them.

So on Wednesday, I met my mission president and his wife. They are just great. Such loving people, and very fun to be around. I look forward to being able to work with them for the next 20 months. Wow I’ve been on my mission for 4 months haha that’s wild. 

I’m excited for tomorrow. I will be on exchanges with the other white elder in our district, Elder Lewis from Lehi, Utah. I think a lot of people will be very willing to let 2 white people teach to them, so that will be a fun experience. 

So I’ll just tell a quick story of an experience I had this week. My testimony has grown on how the Spirit guides. We were on our way to an appointment, and decided to go stop by somebody else’s house real quick. Well, we were standing at the doorstep, and the door to our right opened, and the people invited us in to teach. Turns out this woman had been being taught by missionaries before, but stopped listening to them because her husband had been put in prison for life for possession of drugs. She told us she wanted to listen again. And we taught her about the restoration of Christ’s church. The spirit was very strong in that room. I know that Heavenly Father guides his missionaries. 

Love you all, have a good week!! 









No comments:

Post a Comment