Monday, December 19, 2016

WEEK 18 - December 19, 2016 (Bangui, Philippines)

Hello everyone!! 

This has been a great week.  Unfortunately I have like no time to write :(

So on Saturday CJ got baptized!!! It was awesome, she was so happy and so were we. We also baptized another girl who the sister missionaries were teaching. After the baptism, we had a big Christmas party for our branch. It was soooo fun and everybody had such a good time.


On Tuesday I went on exchanges with Elder Lewis. It was a lot of fun to work with an American. So much easier to understand what he is saying in Tagalog haha. That’s kind of the problem for me. The accent that these people have is just so hard to understand. Especially when they are talking 100 mph.

This family was awesome... 
they also thought I looked identical to Charlie Puth and wanted a picture haha.

Funny story... the other day we were in an investigator’s house teaching and “Bug’s Life” was playing in the background. I began to testify and all of the sudden I hear "HEY, who ordered the PuPu Platter?" hahaha.  I stopped and started chuckling a little. So funny. 

So I finally partook of the delicacy Balut. Honestly, it wasn’t too bad. The juice of the egg tastes really, really good. But the duck just isn’t very desirable. When the feathers are just barley growing in, it adds some good flavor. One of them that I ate though was a little too old. Feathers were very much grown in. It’s a very weird food. I ate two of them though because I was absolutely starving. Not too bad, but not something I would look forward to eating.

Dinner of Champions.. a few Balut, and an Empanada 

My testimony is always progressing. It seems like every day I learn something new that helps my testimony grow or I go through some mini trial, and once I get through that, I can look back at it and realize how it has helped me. Right now I’m finishing up the Book of Mormon again. I absolutely loved reading through 3 Nephi through Mormon. I was so into it and couldn't put it down.

Sorry that I really don’t have much time to write. We are doing our mission Christmas conference here in Laoag the next two days and the schedule of things to do is just jam packed. It was awesome to be able to see some of my friends from the MTC again. I’m sooo excited for Christmas!! Mostly because I get to skype my family. The whole Christmas season here in Laoag has been so fun. Love all of you. Oh, and congrats Chancey and Jayne (getting married on the 21st). Sooo exciting!! 

Have a great week :) Merry Christmas from the Philippines!!! 

-Elder Jenkins

one more pic... Crossing a river in the rainforest haha







No comments:

Post a Comment