Monday, January 16, 2017

WEEK 22 - January 16, 2017 (Bangui, Philippines)


Pday means Relaxatiiioonnnn.
Hannah's resort- Popular tourist spot here in Ilocos Norte 

Hello everybody.

This week was alright. It went by pretty fast. Nothing too eventful though.

So on Monday we traveled to Laoag because we had zone conference the next day. One of the American elders insisted on taking us to a Mexican food place in Laoag. I was pretty excited, cuz we were paying a good amount for this food, so I was expecting it to be pretty good... haha Well, let’s just say it tasted like Pilipino food in a tortilla. Very disappointing. But the worst part is I woke up in the morning pretty sick.. I probably went to the bathroom 15 times throughout the day. The bus ride home, that was the worst. Being on a bumpy bus for 2 hours was very difficult. Right when I got off the bus I threw up a few times. So never again will I have "Mexican food" here. Lesson learned. But yeah, I was sick for a few days this week. And we had a few Branch president meetings. Lots and lots of traveling. 

None of our investigators came to church again this week, so that was sad. We have a lot of promising investigators though. We are determined to get them to church. 

I’m slowly getting better at the language. It is just taking a lot of patience. I constantly see God’s hand in helping me though. When I’m talking, sometimes a random word that I forgot about will pop into my head. The gift of tongues is very real, it just takes a lot of fasting and prayer to obtain it and to have the spirit with you constantly. 

I’m sorry this letter is so short. I really don’t have much to talk about from this week. I love you all. Will be a better letter next week :)


-Elder Jenkins 

This kid reminds me of buck (Zach). He does the crazy mr. krabs laugh haha


(had to include this make-shift sidecar...rebar and boards)
















No comments:

Post a Comment