Monday, July 24, 2017

WEEK 49 - July 24, 2017 (Aparri, Cagayan, Philippines)


Hello everybody,

So this is going to be kind of a quick letter. I’ll explain why...

On Saturday night, we received a text that I would be transferring. It was kinda sad saying goodbye to all of the members and all the people I’ve come to know, but I have been here for a while, so I was kind of expecting it. Then on Sunday night, we got a call from President Andrada. First he talked to Elder Reyes, and told him that he would be training a new missionary! And then he wanted to talk to me. He then went on to tell me that he would like me to be his assistant...wasn't really expecting that, and I was speechless for a bit. But of course I happily accepted the calling. So later today we will be traveling to Laoag :)

This last week has got to be one of the best ones I've had so far in the mission. We went to Dodan (about 4 miles from Aparri) every day to prepare the Del Rosario family for baptism. One quick funny story. At the end of one of the lessons, we all kneeled down to pray. The 8 yr old, Jerico, was saying the closing prayer. You can imagine the sweet little prayer of the young boy, humble and sincere. And then he went on to end it "In the name of Joseph Smith, Amen!" hahaha Everybody started busting up laughing. They are a fun family to be with. Then of course on Saturday, they were baptized as a family:) Such a great and rewarding experience. Baptizing them one by one – first the kids and then the mom and then having the fully converted father join me in the water. What a blessing. It all filled my soul with joy. All the stress and hard work, traveling to their house everyday, has paid off :) They showed up to church early the next day, excited to be confirmed. I took lots of pictures.







I have been so blessed with being assigned in this area where people are prepared to receive the Gospel, and the Lord blessed us with success. I’m very excited for this new calling in my mission. It will change me into a better person. 

I love you all, have a good week :)

Elder Jenkins

PS from the editor... I asked and, no, he did not eat the lizard from last week...but he wanted to. Oh, my boy!




No comments:

Post a Comment