Hello everybody!!
First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my very loving, wonderful, beautiful mother! I couldn't count how many times I have thought to myself "Wow I am so lucky to have such a good mom". You are the best and I love ya so much!!
So this week has got to be the hottest week I have ever spend here so far. I'm not kidding, I heard it got up to 109 degrees, plus the humidity is just brutal. When we go to sleep at night, all we have is an electric fan. And honestly it just feels like a heater, blowing hot air. It's no use at all. Sleeping is pretty difficult. I don't know how many times this week I woke up and just went and stuck my head in the freezer for a good 5 minutes to try and cool down. And then again, like today, a typhoon comes in out of nowhere, and it's gonna be raining for the next few days. Weather is crazy here and so unpredictable.
The weather isn't the only unpredictable thing right now... my daily schedule is pretty unpredictable too. We will think it's just gonna be a regular day of work, and then we find out we have to go pick somebody up at the bus station, get him some food, and take him to the airport. Or that we need to go pick somebody up and take them to the hospital. And I think we are gonna be loaded with stuff like that even more this next week. President and Sister Andrada are heading to Manila right now. Sister Andrada is having an operation done, so pray for her. President kinda told us that we are in charge of everything this week. So we will be holding down the fort haha.
The exciting news is that we have a baptism this week. Our investigator, Kem, is getting baptized on Saturday! We are combining with the whole stake for a baptismal service, so it will be a very good day.
We also have two other progressing investigators that have been attending seminary class. It's awesome because there is an institute/seminary building in our area, where anybody can go attend. They have a ping pong table, free Wifi, AC, etc. So lots of people come just for the wifi, and then they end up in class and really enjoy it. So we are enjoying that way of finding investigators.
Our investigator at McDonalds
This week we were invited to have Family Home Evening with two different families. Both of the FHE's were really good and enjoyable, and the food was especially good.
Family Home Evening #1
Family Home Evening #2
The one thing I noticed during these gatherings is how important and helpful FHEs can really be. Before the mission, I of course felt like it was a burden putting my Monday Night Football game on pause and joining the family in a discussion for an hour or so. I felt like it was a waste of time. Now I realize how important that short hour or so really is with your family. It is one time in the week set aside specifically to spiritually uplift each other and bond as a family. I have no doubt in my mind that a Gospel-centered, unified family all starts with weekly Family Home Evening. I'm soooo thankful for parents that made FHE a priority in our lives. This is one of many lessons I have learned on the mission that can very much benefit me and my future family.... Serving a mission is such a blessing. Where else could I go or what else could I do to learn and spiritually grow as much as I already have so far on my mission. And I still have 1 year to go :)
Love you all so much!!
-Elder Jenkins
with a Filipino pioneer


No comments:
Post a Comment