on the road from Laoag to Aparri (Cagayan)
Hello Everyone!
This week was sooo busy, but sooo much fun as well... It was the last week of the transfer, so we had lots of things to get done before the start of the new cycle (one cycle = six weeks). Also, Elder Cuadra heads home on Tuesday :( so it will be me and Elder Basa going to work this cycle.
First of all, this was probably the fastest cycle of my mission so far. It flew by sooo fast. Probably because 1- we are sooo busy, and 2- we are just having so much fun. It will be a good week this week with 19 new missionaries coming in, so I am very excited and happy :)
So this past week was a great one. On Tuesday, we had exchanges with Elder Earnest!! It was nice to get to spend a day with this guy. We always wanted to be comps, but at least we got 1 day of work together. He goes home on Tuesday, so this was his last week here in the mission.
with Elders Cuadra and Earnest - both finishing their missions this week
On Wednesday, we spent just about all day preparing for our trip to Cagayan. We loaded boxes and boxes of supplies into out truck, prepared all the sound system equipment, got our training all ready to go, and on Thursday morning we hit the road. It's about a 6 hour drive (depends who is the driver), but we stopped by and did some surprise visits on some of the apartments, so we didn't make it in until about 4pm.
We were laughing thinking that we might be sharing a room with President because Sister Andrada wasn't going to be making the trip. Then we got a text from President saying "Elders, I booked a room for you, go ahead and check in when you're ready." So President booked a room for us at "Hotel Dian"... one of the better hotels in the area, but compares to like a Motel 6 back home hahaha. But it was incredible for us. We were all exhausted and just passed out in the nice air conditioned room. I went ahead and took a nice warm shower that afternoon and then again at night. Then President texted us again and invited us down for dinner. The food was incredible and I ate a ton. The only time I felt so full was after eating a $12 burger at ESPN Zone hahaha.
We were laughing thinking that we might be sharing a room with President because Sister Andrada wasn't going to be making the trip. Then we got a text from President saying "Elders, I booked a room for you, go ahead and check in when you're ready." So President booked a room for us at "Hotel Dian"... one of the better hotels in the area, but compares to like a Motel 6 back home hahaha. But it was incredible for us. We were all exhausted and just passed out in the nice air conditioned room. I went ahead and took a nice warm shower that afternoon and then again at night. Then President texted us again and invited us down for dinner. The food was incredible and I ate a ton. The only time I felt so full was after eating a $12 burger at ESPN Zone hahaha.
The next day we went early to the church and set up everything for the conference. When we got there, one of our RC's (recent converts), Jacky was there!! He said goodbye cuz he's heading to Manila for school. T'was good to see him again. Conference was a lot of fun. There were three zones, so there were tons of people, which always makes it better. Our training went well and everybody seemed to laugh at our Christmas ties. I was hoping we'd get to stay another night at the hotel, but we had to get a visa-waiter to the airport on Saturday, so we hit the road that night. I took the night shift and made the drive while the others snoozed.
Saturday we prepared and waited for President to reveal the transfer board to us, but we didn't end up getting it until Sunday morning. Since then, we have been real busy creating the travel instructions for everybody and making sure they know what they are doing. On Sunday night, the members actually put together a huuuuggge dinner for the departing missionaries who served in the Laoag 3rd Ward. So we feasted last night. We were at the office late, finishing up all the travel instructions. So the Nelsons came by and dropped off food and cake for us. We are soooo thankful for them.
Our work is going good in our area right now because of the members. They are bringing their friends to church, activities, etc. I talked to them and thanked them for being so good with missionary work, and they expressed how much they enjoy it and enjoy bringing others unto Christ. Sometimes I wish I woulda been a little better with talking to my friends about the gospel back home. There are lots of blessing we can enjoy from missionary work even when we don't have a name tag on. We just gotta open our mouths :)
Love you all, have a great week!!
Elder Jenkins


No comments:
Post a Comment