Hello Everyone,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUCK! You are getting biiiiiggg. Still laughing about how much your voice had changed last time we skyped. Next thing you know you'll have a few armpit hairs!
So this week we had dinner appointments on every single day. Last week in our meeting with Bishop, I told him how back in our ward at home we would pass around a calendar and the members would sign up for a day to feed the missionaries. We decided to give it a try, and we got a couple weeks filled up! Gives us a chance to talk with different families about doing missionary work and also connects us closer to the members. So we have really been enjoying that. I'll send some pics of some of the food we ate.
We had lots of exchanges this last week with some of the Zone Leaders. The exchanges are really helping us out in our area. We get a lot of work done in just a couple days, because we are able to split, and at the same time we help the Zone Leaders to get a better vision for what they want in their area. I love working with the different missionaries every week and learning from their teaching styles and proselyting skills. One thing I do enjoy about my calling is being able to get to know a lot of different missionaries.
On Saturday, we had the Baptisms of Lawrence and Chloe. Our Zone Leaders actually put together a stake baptism. So there were a total of 11 people getting baptized in the stake. Tons of members attended and supported, so it was a successful day. One of our progressing investigators, Joyce, took the Board exam on Sunday. Before her test she actually asked for a priesthood blessing. She is progressing well and her baptism will be in 2 or 3 weeks.
So on Saturday, we began the celebration of Family Week. Our ward put a program together and we all got together for a party. Honestly, this was the most fun ward activity I have ever been to. I've never laughed so much during a ward get together. Hopefully you can find a video on Facebook or something of some of the games we played. Ward 3 is just filled with fun, happy members. I'm glad I will probably be here for a while, because I am really enjoying becoming good friends with the members here. Then they had a slideshow of different pictures of the families in the ward. And at the end, they included my family and Elder Basa's family. It was a fun night.
This week I realized many times the affect of the Spirit in our teaching. An idea will just pop up in my head, and I know immediately that that is what I need to say at the moment. Teaching can be so simple and easy when the Spirit is leading. When the Spirit is not leading, it becomes difficult and confusing. The investigator won't seem to understand and everything will just seem out of order. A quote popped into my head this week. "Choose the harder right instead of the easier left."** Sometimes it seems hard to live in a way that the Spirit will always be with you. Sometimes it seems easier just to live life slothful, and do things your own way. Then the scripture John 8:12 came into my head. If we live life differently than the way our Father in Heaven wants us to, we will walk in darkness. Things will seem out of order and we will struggle to know what is right for us. But if we have the "light of life", our mind will be so much clearer, and we will know the choices we need to make. Life will seem more in order, and we will be more satisfied. All we have to do is follow Him, and He will lead us to the light.
Love you all, have a nice week :)
-Elder Jenkins
** Quote is actually: "Choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong."
John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment