Friday, November 10, 2017

WEEK 64 - November 10, 2017 (Laoag, Philippines)


Hello Everybody!!

Well after a couple rainy days over the weekend, I was hoping it would start to cool down and the Philippines "winter" would kick in. But, that didn't happen and it has been blazing hot these past couple days. So I'm just sweating more and getting skinnier haha, but I'm lovin' life!

wishing for "winter" weather

So to update you on what happened on Nov 1, I actually still don't know what happened. All I know is that everybody was at the Cemetery, and I mean everybody... I was on exchanges with the zone leaders that day, and we walked up and down the streets, trying to find people to teach or even a person just to talk to. Nothing. I wanted to go to the cemetery to see what everyone was up to, but it's out of our area, so we weren't able to go. So yea, I still have no idea what everybody does at the cemetery on Nov. 1.  But it must be a good time, because everyone attends. 

This week was filled with exchanges with the Zone Leaders. We had some Zone Leaders come in from Batac, Ballesteros and Santa Ana to do some exchanges with us. It's really a sacrifice for some of these missionaries to come in and do exchanges, because for example, Santa Ana ZLs have to take a 10 hour bus ride into Laoag, and then after our exchanges take a 10 hour bus ride back to their area. So we really try to do our best to show them a good example of how missionary work should be going on in their zone, and try to give them some ideas on what they need to do to improve in their area. I really enjoy these exchanges though. I learn a lot from these other elders and have definitely enjoyed getting to know these leaders really well. 
on exchanges with Elder Petty

On Monday we had our monthly MLC (mission leadership council), and us APs did our monthly reporting on the KIs. This last month we once again reaching 100+ baptisms, so that makes 2 months straight. We also talked about Christmas Conference and planned a little for what is gonna be happening. On Dec. 21 all the missionaries in the whole mission will be coming in and celebrating Christmas, then having a Conference. We are excited for that next month. 

polka-dot sisters & matching tie elders with Sister Andrada

large, medium, and small :)

As of our investigators, we had 7 at Sacrament Meeting last Sunday... should've been 10+, but it rained pretty hard, so some investigators weren't able to make it. Our family that we found last month is still progressing and we are looking forward to a lot of success in December and November.

I have really enjoyed the Spirit I have felt this last week while teaching. This past month I have really seen a change in the way I teach, and have seen the investigators understand the message a lot better. And no doubt it's because of the Spirit that gives authority and power to my words when I am speaking. It is just so satisfying when after the lesson, the person fully understood what you were teaching. I am sooo thankful for the guidance that I am given in this work and the help that the Savior gives me every single day. 

Love you all, have a nice week :)

-Elder Jenkins


1 comment:

  1. It's great to follow your ever positive and spiritually uplifting messages. Your mom has been wonderful to share these with us. You are always in our prayers and thoughts.
    Love, and Immanuel,
    Brother and Sister Dickson

    ReplyDelete