Wednesday, November 22, 2017

WEEK 66 - November 22, 2017 (Laoag, Philippines)

Hello Everybody!

Another full, busy week down! Hopefully you are getting used to me sometimes writing on Monday, sometimes on Wednesday. So much business. This last week was a busy one, but it gets busier and crazier next week!

This last week we had 2 more sets of exchanges with some Zone Leaders, so we got a lot of work done again in our area. Our work paid off on Sunday when 9 investigators came to church again. The Ward is really getting excited about the missionary work because of all these new investigators that are coming to church. All the Auxiliary leaders are getting involved in teaching and fellowshipping these people, and because of them, we are having success. On Saturday we had the Baptism of Len Len! She has been an investigator for a long time now, so we were excited for her.



The Alejandro family is still progressing real well. They came to church on Sunday again for all 3 hours. The husband wasn't able to make it because if he went, he probably would have got fired from his job. He just started as a Tricycle driver, so he needs to be driving for a certain amount of days before he can go absent. But they both want them and their family to get baptized this December. One of the families that we have been teaching for about 4 months now finally came to church for the first time! We were so excited and they were real happy to finally make it. So we have two progressing families right now that we are working with. The work is going good. 

On Monday morning, we hit the road once again and headed out to Aparri for the Cagayan Zone Conference. We got there and the weather was niceee. Wasn't too hot and was nice and windy. Made me miss working in Aparri a bit haha. We did have time to stop by the house of one of my old investigators. They couldn't believe it when they saw me. They were screaming and laughing saying they thought that I went home. Was a fun quick reunion. The Zone Conference went good. We gave our training well and then got to hear a lot from President about what they talked about at their Mission President Seminar last week. Weird to think this was my 3rd time driving out for the Cagayan Zone Con. Time is going fast. 

So we have started our preparation for this Christmas here in Laoag. Like last time, we will have a fun day of activities and Christmas "Party" with the whole mission and then the next day we will have our Mission Conference. While preparing, we got to see this years "Light the World" video. I was touched by this video. Many times in the video, it shows Christ reaching His arm out to other sand helping them up off the ground. As I watched this, I realized that I want to try harder to be more Christlike by helping and lifting others up. Not only the people I am teaching, but my fellow missionaries here in the mission.  As I have been trying to do this, I have really gotten into the Christmas spirit of service to others. My parents have always told me since I was a little boy that giving gifts is a lot better that receiving them. And it is so true. Lifting others up and helping them feels a lot better than opening up any gift. Service to others and reflecting on the life that Christ lived, and what He did really changes the way you look at Christmas. I am so grateful for the gift that Christ gives to all of us, and so grateful for the example he set for all! I know, it's a little early for a Christmas testimony, but I guess I'm just a bit excited for this Christmas.

Love you all so much! Talk to ya next week.

-Elder Jenkins

Light the World link (this is from 2017... 2018 will be release the day after Thanksgiving... unless you are serving in the Philippines & get a sneak peak):  

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/light-the-world-25-days-of-service?lang=eng 







No comments:

Post a Comment