Monday, June 18, 2018

WEEK 96 - June 18, 2018 (Santa Ana, Cagayan Valley, Philippines)

Hello Everyone,

Happy Father's Day, pops! You're a great Dad and great example for us all :).  By the way, I feel so bad because I totally forgot that it was Father's Day yesterday and didn't do anything special for the fathers in the branch. On Mother's Day I bought all the moms chocolate and candy bars, and yesterday nothing happened haha. oops. But I'm pretty sure none of the fathers knew that it was Father's Day either. Still feel bad though. 

This week was a really fun one. On Wednesday, we had the final Zone Conference with President and Sister Andrada. We had the conference that afternoon, then had a going away dinner/party that night at Hotel Dian in Aparri. We were informed a couple weeks before that we should prepare some kind of presentation, and we had totally forgotten about it until like 2 days before. They wanted us four in Santa Ana to do a dance presentation, but we didn't know what do to. We ended up throwing together a little Irish jig dance. Gave everybody a real good laugh when we presented it haha. Because of lack of preparation, ended up looking like 4 drunk guys running around doing a little Irish jig. Was so much fun though. Definitely will miss the Andradas when they are gone. (They have finished their three year service as the mission president and will be heading back to Manila.)

With some of the office elders

With the  President & Sister Andrada 
& Elder Abarabar (Ryan's comp)

post-jig pic

So believe it or not, this Sunday was even better than last Sunday. It wasn't looking too good at 8:55 when there were only like 60 people at church, but I learn more and more that these people just love their filipino time. At about 9:10, the room was absolutely full with some people sitting outside just watching through the window because it was so packed (and extremely hot). We ended up having 121 attendance!! I was sooo happy. And because one of the people assigned to speak didn't show up and the other 2 talks were kinda short, I got the opportunity to speak to all of them for 20 minutes. It was such a happy, spiritual meeting. 

Other good news in the branch... the other day, President Andrada gave me the mission call of the member in our branch. He will be opening the call later tonight. There are a good number of members that are interested in serving missions here, so we started up a Missionary Preparation class last week. Every Sunday we hold the class and I get to teach it. I love teaching the class, gives me good memories of being in the MTC and also preparing to serve a mission. Brings back some good memories. Other good news is that our investigator, Kyle, will be baptized this Saturday. Her dad works in Manila, but he had a week vacation here in Santa Ana, so we had the opportunity to talk to him and ask him if he is okay with his daughter being baptized. He approved, and actually kinda wants his whole family to also, but only Kyle is ready at the time. We are way excited. Also, that family that I talked about last week all came to church again, and their 3 kids that haven't been baptized yet will be baptized on July 7. Everything is going weeeellll here in Santa Ana. Love it! 



making ice cream at an Elder's Quorum activity

Another week down and I have definitely seen The Lord's hand in our work. He continues to guide us through The Spirit and revelation. His guidance has brought us much success and happiness. I testify once again that the way to success is through Obedience, Faith, and Diligence. He knows us, loves us, and will continue to guide us. 

Love you all, have a nice week :)

-Elder Jenkins






No comments:

Post a Comment