Mission Leadership Meeting
(Thank you Sister Andrada ... no pics from Ryan this week. Ugh!
UPDATE: pics wouldn't download yesterday, but they're here now. Yay!)
Hello Everybody!
First of all, Congrats to Becca Hammond!! Another cousin heading on the mission, so excited for ya! Good luck with the Portuguese haha. (editor: Brazil Porto Alegre South Mission)
Well, 2 Super Bowls down, and it feels good to think that I will be back for the next one. Now just gotta get through March Madness, The Masters and 1 more NBA Finals :) But still enjoying every moment I have out here. I've got a lot to write about since it has been over a week since I last wrote. Lots has happened.
So last week, we headed out to Aparri for the Cagayan Zone Conference. This is always a well anticipated trip. Always love going back to Aparri.
This time, we arrived pretty early, so we decided to head over to the Church and see if there was anybody there. Luckily, some of the youth were there getting ready for seminary. I got to see some people that I haven't seen in 6 months, including some of my RCs (recent converts). Was so much fun. Then we were asked to teach Seminary haha.
The Zone Conference the next day went real well, but we decided to just travel back to Laoag the next day instead of that same night. We wanted to stay at one of the Elders' apartment about 30 minutes away, because we heard that they just got a new apartment and that it was nice. So we get there, and when we get in and see this apartment, it was incredible! These 2 elders were living at the top floor of an absolute mansion haha. It was like a 5 room, 4 bathroom apartment with an incredible view from the top balcony. We were pretty shocked. So we were able to get a nice night of sleep before driving back the next day.
DRIVE TO APPARI
This time, we arrived pretty early, so we decided to head over to the Church and see if there was anybody there. Luckily, some of the youth were there getting ready for seminary. I got to see some people that I haven't seen in 6 months, including some of my RCs (recent converts). Was so much fun. Then we were asked to teach Seminary haha.
The Zone Conference the next day went real well, but we decided to just travel back to Laoag the next day instead of that same night. We wanted to stay at one of the Elders' apartment about 30 minutes away, because we heard that they just got a new apartment and that it was nice. So we get there, and when we get in and see this apartment, it was incredible! These 2 elders were living at the top floor of an absolute mansion haha. It was like a 5 room, 4 bathroom apartment with an incredible view from the top balcony. We were pretty shocked. So we were able to get a nice night of sleep before driving back the next day.
Aparri Empanada
(editor: the empanadas that made him so happy in his first area when he was struggling to enjoy the food)
The work is still going really well and is progressing. On Sunday we had 9 investigators at church who are progressing really well. Sister Lili and her 88 year old mother will be baptized on the 17th. While we are having all this progression we are still having success in finding. The other day we were at the institute building teaching our investigators, and after the lesson we were planning on going to another appointment with our fellowshipper. So while we were waiting for our fellowshipper to pick us up in his tric, we decided to go out and talk to all the guys playing basketball. There were probably 15 of them out there just sitting, resting, all nonmembers. So we started taking to them, just getting to know them, talking to them about who we are, what we do, and why we decided to serve a mission, all that stuff. And while talking to them I was just dribbling the ball, chucking up some shots. While we were talking, another guy walked from the street onto the court, all decked out in his nice bball gear, and wanted to play me 1v1. I told him I'd play a short game with him. All the guys were on the sidelines laughing because it just looked funny. Me in my full proselyting attire, going up against a full baller. But what made them laugh even harder was when I schooled the guy and beat him 7-2 haha. It turned out being a really good finding opportunity. Got to know a lot of those guys and invite them to go inside the institute building and attend class and also to come to church.
Well tomorrow is February 8th, which marks 6 months to go in the mission. Now entering the 4th quarter where it counts most. Some missionaries I've seen with 6 months left just slow down and "run out of gas". But for me this is the most important part of my whole mission. I want nothing more that to go all out this last quarter of my mission and head home worn out, knowing I went all in. The mission is such a blessing the Lord has given to me and I would hate to waste a minute of it. I am so blessed with how merciful the Lord has been to me. All the opportunities I have been given to grow and become better. I am so thankful. I know that our Father is a God of Miracles and that He loves all of His children so much. I am so thankful to be an actual representative of the Lord, Jesus Christ.
Love you all, talk to ya next week!
-Elder Jenkins

Are you looking for a full-time job that you can do while at home with your family? Or are you one of the many looking for a 2nd job, part-time work, or any extra income opportunity program that you can participate in - without leaving your present job?
ReplyDeletePLEASE SEE THE DETAILS