balut is back
Hopefully this will be my last Valentines Day without a date :) haha. Well this week flew by real quick, but it was another great, uplifting spiritual week.
So last Thursday we finished off the last Zone Conference of the cycle with the Laoag and Bangui zone conf. Everything went real well and a video that we made for Sister Andrada's training seemed to put a smile on everybody's faces. After the conference, President invited us three and also all the office elders out to eat at Java. From what I remembered from last time I ate there, the food was incredible and the Mango smoothie is a favorite. So I was waaaayy looking forward to this dinner again. But this time, that wasn't the highlight of the night. When we were almost done eating 3 guys (2 with guitars, and 1 with a huge cello like thing) came out and performed for us. Sort of like a Mariachi Band. They were so fun to listen to, and they took requests. So we got them to play Hotel California for us, and it was soo entertaining and fun. I got a video of that, I'll try to send it. Was a very fun, unforgettable night. President and Sister Andrada are so kind and generous to us.
On Monday, we brought all the District Leaders of the whole mission into Laoag for a special District Leaders Conference. We haven't had one of these for a while, so it was time again to get all these Elders together and give them a good training. There were 23 of them brought in, and we were able to have a really good, helpful meeting where we were able to council together and better strengthen the leaders of the mission.
On Monday, we brought all the District Leaders of the whole mission into Laoag for a special District Leaders Conference. We haven't had one of these for a while, so it was time again to get all these Elders together and give them a good training. There were 23 of them brought in, and we were able to have a really good, helpful meeting where we were able to council together and better strengthen the leaders of the mission.
So the work has been going really well lately. On Sunday we had 10 investigators come to church and about 8 of those are being prepared for baptism. This Saturday, we will have the Baptism of Lili and Lola (88yrs old). I'm wondering if it is some kind of record for baptizing somebody that old. I haven't even met very many filipinos that live to that age, and when they are that old, they usually have Roman Catholic glued to their hearts. But Lola has been to church many times now, and even though she can't hear everything that is being said, she said she feels and knows it's true. We had another really good lesson with the 3 college students that we are teaching. They have been to church 4 times now and are seriously investigating the church. They are the kind of investigators that I will never get tired of teaching. So receptive to our teaching and willing to experiment on the word. Yesterday, they all explained how they have all received answers to their prayers that the Book of Mormon is true. Each of the ways they came to know was a different, unique, spiritual way that was fit perfect for them. But the thing that was in common is that they all felt the promptings of the spirit. They now all want to be baptized :)
This last week I have had my prayers answered and have felt myself grow spiritually. I had another great experience while I was sitting in Sacrament Meeting the other day. For the past month, I have really been trying to make Sacrament Meeting a more spiritual, meaningful time for me where my thoughts are directed to the Savior. After partaking of the bread and water, I said a silent prayer that the Lord would guide us in the work this week and help us know where we need to go. A few minutes after this silent prayers, a name popped into my mind, and then another one, and then one more. I started to think of this and ponder in my mind why these names just all of the sudden popped into my head. Without a doubt, I knew that that was the Lord's way of guiding me to where we needed to go. I wrote these names down, and the next day while planning, wrote them down as people we would go visit. One of the names, at first, we were a little hesitant to go to because of the big time rejection we had experienced in the past with this family. But we went to this individual's family anyway, and to our surprise we were let into the house. This member rejoiced as we were finally able to teach her family, who was never open to us before this time, and were able to plant a seed in their hearts. I know that God is a God of Miracles. I've seen so many in my mission, how could I ever deny that. I love the Savior and the mercy he has on me every day. He loves and wants to guide us all to happiness.
Love you all, have a nice week!
-Elder Jenkins
No comments:
Post a Comment