Tuesday morning at Port Irene.
After this little storm, nothing but heat.
Hello Everybody,
This week seemed to take all my energy away. Not only was it the hottest week here in a long time, but we were just really busy. Last week it rained almost every single day, so I guess I wasn't ready for a full week of blazing hot, humid weather. But it was a really good, productive work week.
We spent a good amount of time at the church this week, just trying to clean everything up and get stuff organized. Was cleaning out and organizing everything in my office when I realized that there wasn't a single picture on the wall. Everything was so blank. We found a storage room where a bunch of old stuff was and found a nice picture of Jesus. Now the room feels a little more bright and spiritual when I walk in.
So I never really told you about the apartment. It is really close to the meeting house (thank goodness) and is tucked in the back of a little group of small houses. Our house isn't much, but it fits the 4 of us in there pretty comfortably. There's no A/C like my last apartment, but we have a fair amount of electric fans, which get the job done. Our bathroom is kind of like the one, if you remember, in Aparri. Just a little toilet sticking out of the floor, and a big barrel of water. I'll try to send pictures next week. One of my favorite things about the place is the hammock on the front porch. Whenever I'm feeling a little overwhelmed or stressed, I can just go rock back 'n forth in the hammock for a few minutes and take a chill.
So this week we had our District Conference in Gonzaga. We were excited because even though Gonzaga is about an hour away from Santa Ana, we had 5 investigators come to church! I really enjoyed the conference, learned a lot from Elder Pangan (Area Seventy). He is just a little man, but fired up with energy and excitement. Very funny guy. During the Priesthood Session, he was going through each branch one by one to see if the Branch Presidency and the Clerks showed up. When it came to "Santa Ana Branch", Elder Young and I were the only ones to stand up, and Elder Pangan laughed and said, "Wow, two imports!" haha. (editor: Elder Young is serving as the Branch Clerk.)
This week we have seen a few miracles. Even though we have been so busy with Branch business, we have been praying that the Lord would help us in our proselyting time. We have seen Him provide us with 2 families who are very receptive to us, very willing to listen and to be baptized. The spirit is so strong in our lessons with them, and has helped them feel the truthfulness of our message. I have really seen over and over in my mission how prayer, faith, obedience, and diligence bring miracles. It is an ongoing pattern that the Lord has shown me that has helped me in every aspect of my mission. I am so thankful that He loves me and cares for me so much. Even though we are such small things in this world, He uses us as precious instruments in His hands.
Love you so much, have a nice week!
-Elder Jenkins
The beach at Port Irene
No comments:
Post a Comment